Recently I have been finding ways to make recipes from scratch with replacement ingredients. It has been great because that boy loves cake :) With Peanut, egg and milk allergies there are lots of store bought treats we can not enjoy anymore. Clint asked me to find a recipe for Nutella Chex Muddy Buddies. I found a couple of them today and tried them. I must say they turned out really well! Although maybe it would have been better not to find them lol!
I will share:
Nutella Muddy Buddies (this is for a half batch)
5 C Rice Chex
1/2 C Chocolate Chips
1 C Nutella
3/4 C Powdered Sugar
Measure out Chex cereal and put in bowl. Combine Nutella and Chocolate chips in a sauce pan over med/low heat and stir until melted. Pour chocolate over cereal and stir gently until evenly covered. Put a little of the powdered sugar in gallon size Ziploc bag and pour cereal into bag**. Sprinkle a little more powdered sugar over and close bag and shake to cover cereal in powdered sugar. Then enjoy!
**Note I realized I was out of big baggies after I did the mix so I poured a little powdered sugar in the bottom of a gallon size pitcher. Then added half the cereal mixture added a little more powdered sugar then the rest of the cereal and shook it to mix. It worked pretty well, I may keep doing it that way to save a baggie in the future :)
Mint Muddy Buddies
5 C Rice Chex
3/4 C Andes Mint Chips - or chocolate chips with a few drops of mint extract
2 Tlb butter
Directions are the same as above only melt the butter then add the mint chips and stir until melted then follow the usual directions.
This was a great find just before Christmas :)

No comments:
Post a Comment