I can not believe that Makayla is 7 years old already. She is such a blessing to have in our family. This year she wanted a Rapunzel party. For some reason Tangled decorations are hard to find and thus expensive. So I went the homemade route :) It was worth all the work as I showed everything to her as I worked on it and she was so happy and kept saying - "it's perfect Mom." What a cutie!
Here is our food table with the triangle banners that have gold suns painted on them just like in the kingdom. We also had wanted posters of Flynn Ryder all over.

I got most of my inspiration for the party from Super
Mom Moments Blog. She has such creative ideas - LOVE LOVE LOVE is all I have to say :) I also made this
Bread which was a huge hit and super easy. In fact I just made another batch yesterday. Notice on the table there are frying pans that are holding cheese and butter - found them at Dollar Tree, Makayla loved them.

Here is the cake. I actually had a fancy one planned but she wanted a purple cake with her barbie on top. So the birthday girl got her wish. I used the same template for the sun banners to spray the suns on the side the cake with edible gold food color spray.


Here is the Birthday Princess in her Halloween costume. She had so much fun and was super excited about everything.

We made a tower pinata from a spare round tube from Clint's work so I think it actually cost about $2 worth of materials to put it together. Some tissue paper and glue sticks. I painted vines and flowers on it and we printed a picture of Rapunzel off the computer and glued it on. Makayla asked us to hang it in her room :)


Here is Micah showing off his loot from the pinata. I don't think he put it down for the rest of the party.

We have very loving and generous family and friends and she got some very fun presents and was spoiled rotten.

Here is her friend Dakota who decided that he needed to sing Happy Birthday to her while she opened her presents. It was so stinking cute.


She got a little embarrassed when we sang Happy Birthday to her. Micah was standing by for a cupcake. He had been waiting patiently all day. The second the song was over he had one in his hands.

It was a fun party, we had
coloring pages for the kids to color, played
pin the pan on Flynn, and we made Pascal Party Blowers. Overall it was a very successful party and Makayla loved it which made all the preparations well worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment