Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Overwhelmed just doesn't cover it!

A week ago I got a call to meet with a member of our Bishopric. So then the game of which new calling I was going to get started! I was not expecting a new calling as I have only been in my current calling for about 4 months. I was a little bit surprised. The verdict is that I am now a Mia Maid advisor.

Yikes!!

When did I grow up and am now responsible enough to work with 14 and 15 year old girls? I so don't feel mature enough but I am so excited. The girls in my class are totally awesome and I couldn't ask for a better class. I am also super intimidated by this calling. I think back to those fabulous leaders that I had and I feel like I have HUGE shoes to fill. But I have the faith that Heavenly Father will guide me through this new adventure.

You know those things that you say, then the next thing you know they happen. For example: I just don't think I could handle (fill in the blank) and then within the next couple of weeks (fill in the blank) happens. We were cleaning out part of our storage shelves in our garage a few weeks ago when I came across my box of Young Women's handouts. Yes I know that I am a pack rat but I kept my favorite handouts in a special small box and I have been avoiding throwing it away. I even told Clint that I haven't thrown it away because I knew if I did I would get called into Young Women's. Well 2 weeks later - BAM - Young Women's. When I got home from meeting with the Bishop I looked at Clint and said see I told ya!

It reminds me of a tile we have hanging in our front room. It says:

Christ
The center of our home
A guest at every meal
A silent listener to every conversation.
It is so true! So wish me luck and hope with me that I survive the switch from 3 year olds to the Mia Maids! :o)

No comments: