Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Am Done Making Tough Decisions ...

We went to see Makayla's ENT last Thursday. The surgery she had in June on her right ear seems to be successful. However, the 25 decibel increase in that ear still leaves her hearing out of the "normal" range. Her left ear is still having a hard time. So we are at a point of do we do the same exploratory surgery in her left ear now and see if it helps, or do we go straight to hearing aides? We are struggling with this one. We don't know if the surgery will help and we will have to get the hearing aides anyway. UGH! It would be nice if the surgery would correct it but I don't want to make her have surgery again for nothing. Needless to say there have been lots of praying going on at our house :o). I have also been making lots of phone calls to get all the facts before we make our decision.

I still find myself feeling guilty that she is almost 6 years old and we are just figuring this out. I hope that we are able to choose the best route for her so she can catch up at school and be able to speak more clearly and enjoy friends and finally be able to hear. As we get a game plan figured out I will post more updates.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

what a complicated and yucky situation to have to work through. i'm sure you'll make a good decision for her. you're great parents.