Well if you don't know I quit my job at America First when I had Micah and started a home daycare. I watch my 2 year old niece Mylee 3 days a week and recently started watching my friends baby Kaylee (which is 3 weeks younger than Micah) about a month or so ago. So 3 days a week I basically have twins, a 2 and 5 year old. Yesterday was one of those days.
Micah did not sleep very well the night before so I started the day out kinda tired and the day did not start out very well. Makayla and Mylee were fighting over stuff all morning, Kaylee fought her nap and Micah wanted to be held all day. Then Makayla and Mylee both woke up crying after their naps which is not normal. By the afternoon I felt pretty frustrated and so ready for Clint to be home.
The day seemed to get better. Makayla and Mylee got happy and started sharing, both babies were content and happy to play together on the floor. After the kiddos went home I started making dinner. I decided to make tacos and as I am about to put the meat in the pan to start cooking it I realized I forgot to put Pam spray in so I reach in the cupboard and grab the bottle and it slips out of my hand - falls to the counter hitting a jar candle - breaking the bottle and puncturing the side of the Pam spray!! It took me a second to figure out what in the world just happened. And as I rushed the Pam bottle to the sink I left a nice Pam coating on the floor and counter!! It could only happen to me the worlds most clumsy person!! It was the perfect ending to the day that I had :o)
The night did get a little better, I got to snuggle with both of my kids and spend time with my husband. I realized today what really matters and learned a little bit of how to let those unimportant things go.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a crazy day! I admire you for being able to do daycare. I tried it for a while and just couldn't hack it. You are awesome!
Post a Comment