Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Micah is 2!

I can not believe that Micah is already 2! Ok so in reality he has been acting 2 for a few months but now it is official. He has been talking up a storm and has quite the attitude and personality :o) He loves to cook on our play kitchen, play with tools, balls, and trucks or tractors. He is an escape artist so we have to keep a close eye on him, especially since he can reach the dead bolt now and has actually locked me in the garage before. OH boy we are in trouble! He is very inquisitive and I try to let him discover lots of new things. He absolutely loves to be outside and cries when we have to come back inside. He is a very brave little kid, and will go down slides - even the tall ones - all by himself. He makes our home a very fun and sometimes crazy place but we love Micah like crazy!

We had his birthday party over at my parents house on his actual birthday which was super fun. We had a great turn out and he got spoiled rotten! We have been having fun playing with all of his new toys and he has been so excited to get them out everyday.

How to Train Your Dragon is one of Micah's favorite movies so we did a dragon party. Decorations for a dragon party are almost non-existent so we only really had a cake for decorations. He did not even care :o)

I baked the cake and made all the frosting, we had to use special recipes since Micah is allergic to Peanuts and Egg Whites, and is Lactose Intolerant. So we had a egg less chocolate cake with raspberry filling, it was a very good cake. Clint was the master designer for the cake and he sculpted the Toothless dragon. I think it turned out awesome. I was so happy with the cake and Micah was super excited.

So as I said before he got spoiled rotten, here are a few pictures of him opening presents. When he gets around people he stops smiling for some reason so he looks pretty somber in all of the pictures but he was so excited while opening presents. The funny thing was that every time there was clothes he threw them off to the side and looked around for a toy. Silly Boy!




We are so blessed and thankful for our family and friends who made Micah's party such a success. We are also blessed to have such a wonderful son to be part of our family!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow! I can't believe he's already 2! What a cute boy. And that cake turned out AWESOME!

How did you know Micah was lactose intolerant? What were his symptoms? I have my suspicions about Jackson...