I have been doing home child care for the past year and a half. It has been so nice to be home with my kids and to be able to take and pick up Makayla from school. Lately life has been so crazy and I have been stressed. Clint and I made the decision that I would find a part time job at nights and only watch my niece. It was hard to tell the parents that I am stopping watching kids. There are lots of benefits - more money, less hours, more time with just my kids, more time to help Makayla with school - but it was still sad. Those little girls I have been watching have become like family and it is sad that I wont see them very much.
I found a job as a night custodian for the church working at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I started training this week and I am pretty excited. It is the COMPLETE opposite of what I have been doing but the atmosphere is incredible. It is strange to start the workday with a group prayer. To have spiritual devotionals together as a team. To not have to be careful about talking about the church with coworkers. It is super exciting, however, my shift is from 9:30 pm - 1:30 am and that will take some getting used to! My first shift is tonight! Hope I can function tomorrow :o)
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! That sounds really cool! Good luck with the hours....that would be rough! I hope you really enjoy your new job!
Post a Comment