Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

About 4 years ago we started a tradition to eat at home and have a fun red themed dinner. I try to make the dinner a nicer one than one that I just throw together last minute. So last night we had Spaghetti, with heart shaped Rhodes Rolls, and a Pink Punch to drink. Then for dessert I made a Chocolate lava cake topped with Ice Cream. The best part of the cake is that they are small like the ones you get at a restaurant. So yummy!

Makayla had her first Valentine's party at school. She was so excited to take her Valentine's and to have a class party. When she got home we were looking at her Valentine's and she kept saying - "Whoa Mom, check this one out!" It was fun to help her read the names of her friends on the Valentine Cards, and to see how excited she was. Micah is still a little bit too small to understand Valentine's Day but he was excited about the nandy (candy) that he had access to for most of the day :o)

I hope that you all had a fantastic day surrounded by those whom you love and those who love you.

No comments: