Friday, January 28, 2011

Boo for genetics!

I think that this will be Micah's saying for his whole life.

If you don't know me very well here is a brief introduction :o)

I suffer from:
Cold Sores
Allergies
Asthma
Eczema
Very Dry Skin
Lactose Intolerance
A horrible Gag Reflex

So far poor Micah has inherited:
Asthma (even though the call it reactive airway until he is 5)
Lactose Intolerance
Allergies
And the Horrible Gag Reflex

The worst part of all is he is not even two and he has shown all these things. I started cold sores in 6th grade, asthma when I was 20 years old, and the lactose intolerance around 25. Poor kid.

**Warning the following story is yucky :o) contains bodily fluid talk**

Growing up families typically have stories that they save for a family party or when your friends come over to share so that you are extra embarrassed. Oh boy did I have a good one. My Dad loved to share / remind me that when I was a baby I would gag when they changed my poopy diapers. So sad but true. I turned some heads when I announced I was going to work at a Day Care with 2 year olds :o) Micah seems to be carrying on this tradition ...

Last night Makayla decided to help Micah sit on the potty. She helped get his pants and diaper off, well he was poopy. She set the diaper on the floor - open - and yelled for me to come help her. By the time I got into the bathroom Micah had put his toe into the poop and started gagging, borderline throwing up. So I grabbed him and ran to his changing table to get him cleaned up before he actually threw up. While getting wipes out he saw the poop on his toe and lost it. Yes actual vomit all over the changing table, my arm and him from seeing/smelling the poop on his foot. Clint was nice enough to clean the bathroom floor while I got Micah ready for the bathtub. I laughed pretty hard about this one. Later I called and reported to my Dad the events and he laughed pretty hard as we had made his day.

I am sorry to Micah who will probably never live this one down!

No comments: