The year of 2004 was a crazy year for us. We found out in March that we were going to have a baby, with the due date being November 9th. And we moved into a new apartment in April.
When we found out we were going to have a girl we were so excited! Although it did take a few months just to make sure, she was not very cooperative for the doctor during ultra sounds!
When November 9th rolled around after a fairly uneventful pregnancy, still no baby and I was dilated to 1 centimeter. I spent the first week of my maternity leave walking a lot and going up and down lots of stairs, eating spicy foods and I finally started feeling some contractions. When we went back to the doctor a week after my due date thinking that I had to be further dilated only to find out that I was only at a 1+. This was frustrating news, however, the Doctor told us to come to the hospital the next morning to be induced.
The morning of November 17, 2004 we arrived at the hospital at 7:00 a.m. and were assigned to a room. By 7:30 I had the I.V. medicine pitocin and my water broken by 8:00. We were warned by the doctor that it may be a long labor since my body was taking so long to go into labor and it may be until the middle of the night or longer to have our baby. But at 4:00 p.m. the nurse came to check and I was almost fully dilated and contractions were coming regularly so she called the doctor. And Makayla Shauna Andrews was born at 4:24 p.m. weighing 6 pounds 10 ounces and 19 inches long.
Just before Christmas we had another surprise when Clint was injured at work. December 21 Makayla and I got a phone call from Clint that he was on his way to the emergency room because a piece of wood had hit his eye. He received stitches in his eyelid that day and we found out right after Christmas that his retna was partially detached and would require some major surgery. On December 30 he had his surgery and it was successful to correct the retna. It was a good thing that it happened while I was on maternity leave so I could be there to help take care of him.
But Christmas was fun and Makayla was so spoiled. I felt overwhelmed with Christmas simply because I had a 1 month old baby and injured husband! Makayla is such a good baby and I am so grateful!



No comments:
Post a Comment