Thursday, April 12, 2012

There is a crab in my ear ...

We have a bag of shells that we were given as a souvenir from Hawaii. It has been in a closet and we were looking at them the week Madison was born. Micah loves them and was showing them to me and telling me that crabs live in those shells.

We had just watched a show that talked about hermit crabs. I was impressed that he made the connection so I told him he did a good job and that he was super smart.

Later that day he pointed at the shells and then his ear and said that a crab lived in his ear. I laughed a little but didn't think much of it and he stopped talking about it so I forgot about this conversation.

At Madison's 2 week appointment at the pediatrician Micah asked the doctor to look at his ears. He told him that his ears looked great, one of his tubes was still in place and neither was infected. Micah had a huge smile on his face, threw both hands in the air, and said "YAY the crab is gone!" It took me a minute to figure out what he had said and when I remembered about the shells I told the doctor. He laughed so hard, and said Well I am glad the crab is gone.

Here we go right into the land of make believe and I love it!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I just barely saw the comment you left on my blog! Thanks for the encouragement!! I'm glad to hear you had such a good experience. Jackson's teacher is Lisa Espinoza. There are a few teachers but she is the main one.

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! Three kids!! Crazy. She's adorable. So happy you're all doing well!