Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fertility

If you have never had a problem having a baby fertility may never have crossed your mind. I have friends and family that are all across the fertility board. Those who get pregnant the minute they think about it, a few take a few months to get pregnant, some require fertility drugs for a chance, some are unable to have children of their own. With fertility usually what you see is what you get, you have a hard time getting pregnant or you don't.

Strangely we have had such unique and different experiences with our kids. We thought it would take a while to get pregnant when we decided to try for our first baby, nope first month I was pregnant. About 2 years later we started trying again, after about 3 months I found out I was pregnant and lost the pregnancy 2 weeks later. It took 2 more years and some light doses of fertility drugs to get pregnant with our second child. So imagine my surprise when I started not feeling very well this summer then realized that I may be pregnant. It was a strange feeling to know that we had a "surprise" pregnancy, especially with how difficult it was to get pregnant before.

This experience totally renewed my testimony that our Heavenly Father knows us better than we know ourselves and sends our children to us at the right time and the right way for us. After I had a miscarriage I was very discouraged and sad. It was not until I looked back that I knew it was for a reason. Makayla had so many needs at that time that she needed us for a little longer. I am so grateful to have my children. I know I am a far from perfect mom, but I love my kids more than they will ever know. Life gets stressful with our kids sometimes but I would not change having them in my life for anything.

1 comment:

Talia Draper said...

Thank you for writing this. I needed it. :) Congratulations!