Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Poopy!

I have a few words to describe the month of February ...

*#$%+

^%$#@

>:!@#&*

The month flew by mostly because Micah was sick the entire month and Makayla and I joined him for the last 2 weeks. Last Wednesday was a very rough day for Micah. He has Bronchiolitis and has been coughing and congested and very unhappy. They to top it off he had a double ear infection too. Because I was sick too my wonderful Hubby called in sick on Thursday so I could get some sleep since I was up all night with Micah. That afternoon Micah just kept getting worse and worse and had to work really hard to breathe.

We made the decision to take him to Primary Children's Emergency Room. So we dropped Makayla off at my Mom and Dads and headed up there. They used the deep suction, and monitored his oxygen levels for a couple of hours. After he fell asleep and his breathing seemed better they felt comfortable sending us home. They gave us a prescription for a suction clinic - or a respiratory therapy clinic to get the deep suction if we need for a week. By this time it was 12:20 am so Makayla got to sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's and we headed home to get a little sleep.

Clint ended up getting Friday off too so he could help me watch Micah and it was a good thing because I ended up needing him. We noticed Micah's breathing was labored when he woke up so we decided to take him to the suction clinic, then we thought we would stop at Target and get a humidifier to keep in our front room and maybe go to a fabric store so I could get fabric to make Micah a new blanket. However, our plans changed quickly. The Respiratory Therapist was able to get lots of gunk out but his oxygen levels would not stay up. They were very unstable so after an hour we were sent to the Emergency Room, and 6 hours later I was riding in an ambulance from Jordan Valley Hospital to Primary Children's.

Micah was admitted with the thought that he would be able to leave within 24 hours but we ended up having to stay for 2 nights. The first night he had to be on oxygen and they had to use the deep suction alot to help him breathe. But by Saturday afternoon they were able to wean him off the oxygen and he was doing lots better. He had a great night and we were discharged from the hospital before lunch on Sunday.

What an ordeal. It was so scary and stressful, and just plain poopy! But I am so glad that he is doing better and we have not had to take him to the suction clinic since we got home I have been able to suction him out at home with a bulb syringe. We felt so blessed and protected up there and I know that many prayers were heard and answered.

Now that we are home and happy Micah has slept great in his own bed :o) he loves to play and move around and Clint and I have never been more happy to see our own bed! We appreciate all the love and prayers and support from our family and hope that this does not become a yearly ritual with Micah...

1 comment:

Lindy said...

That is so crummy. I can't even imagine watching my baby go through that - I'm glad things are getting better.