Monday, October 12, 2009

My End of Summer Fun!!


We did not plant a garden this year but we went to Day Farms in Kaysville area to pick tomatoes. We picked a whole bushel of tomatoes and a few peppers for me to stay busy canning!!
After making hot and mild salsa, spaghetti sauce,
diced and quartered tomatoes I was beat!!
It was surprisingly fun even though I did it by myself. It totally gave me a huge appreciation for what my Mom did for us when we were little. She always canned tons of salsa and fruit and I never really realized how much work she put in for us to have fresh and healthy food throughout the year. And yes I did call her a few times and say thanks!! One of the best days was the day that the caner went back into the garage for a much needed break. Until next year ...

No comments: