Friday, October 9, 2009

Are people really that stupid?

Maybe it is all my years in the banking business but I am a little bit skeptical about just about everything. I am a firm believer in the phrase if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I dealt with WAY too many fraud cases working at America First. So when a call came to our home phone today from non other than Jamaica, I decided to answer it just to see what it said.

And what do you know ... I am rich!!

Apparently there is a Cashiers Check out there made out to me for $230,000 that has been undeliverable and they are trying to get it to me. OK seriously ... I know absolutely no one in Jamaica and if someone was trying to give me the money doesn't common sense say that it would be someone in the United States trying to locate me?? It is sad and makes me kinda mad that in tough economic times dishonest people are scamming others out of their hard earned money with fake checks and wire transfers ... And I really feel sorry for all of those people who are deceived and loose lots of money because they don't stop and think. I will be done with the soap box now!!

No comments: