Time seems to be flying faster than ever these days ... we have been super busy getting our spring projects done. We got our family pictures taken ( pics will follow soon). Clint is in the process of building a dog house and dog run. I have been cleaning and de-junking the house (DI here we come ...) and the kids are growing and changing too fast for my liking. Micah is sleeping even better through the night and is smiling more! I love that he smiles when he is awake and not just while he is sleeping. Makayla is saying even more words and does not stop talking. We took Clint lunch yesterday at work and she practically narrated our entire trip about all of the cars we passed and little things that she saw on the road. It keeps me entertained I guess!
We took Clint to the Cheesecake Factory for his Birthday dinner last Saturday. It was a week late but as he was very sick on his Birthday we had to wait. It was very yummy and we had a good time going out as a family.
We have been so blessed to have our little family. I can not even imagine life without Clint, Makayla and Micah. It is hard to imagine life before kids it just feels so natural (for lack of a better descriptive word). Things are as they should be. I try my best not to take our life for granted but we have so many blessings and I will do what I can to thank our Heavenly Father for all that he has given me. On Saturday as we headed into Costco at the worst possible time (lunch time on a Saturday - what were we thinking??) we saw that some parents had left 2 kids in their running truck while they shopped. At least the truck was running with the AC on but how reckless can people be? Now I can appreciate the need of naps especially while you are running errands BUT you chose to go to the store at that point of the day. You suck it up and have a grumpy child or you get a cart and let your little one sleep in the cart while you shop. You just have to be a little creative of where the groceries go!! It made me so upset to see the parenting skills portrayed there. It seems that some people just don't see the miracle that each child is. I wish that they would because Child Abuse would go away and there would not be stories on the news every summer about a stupid parent that left their baby in the car while they went into the house and said baby almost dies of dehydration ... Sorry enough of the soap box.
I love my Family!!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment