Thursday, February 26, 2009

We Love Free Zoo Day!!!

Thanks to my friend Jen we were able to go to the zoo for free yesterday. It seems that the last Wednesday of the month from November to February is free admission to the zoo all day.

We went with Jen and Dakota, and Jen's sisters family. We had tons of fun.

Makayla was so excited to see all of the animals. But was a little bit upset that the monkeys were not outside. I don't think that she believed me that they were in the building at first because she kept looking at me like I don't know what I am talking about!



We went on a carousel ride - not on the animals mind you - we got to sit on one of the bench seats because the animals are scary apparently. And we got to go on the train. Not the most exciting ride in the winter since most of the animals you can see on the ride are inside somewhere! But when you are 4 and get to go on a train it is super exciting!!

Dakota used his walker for a little bit and Makayla decided that she wanted to walk with him. She held onto the walker right by his hand and walked with him for a while. I think she remembers liking someone holding onto her walker (which was usually me - back pain ;o) ) And after a little bit of walking the were both cracking up laughing. I guess we missed something ...

Thanks Jen for letting us know about free zoo day and inviting us to come with you. It was tons of fun!

No comments: