
As far as the Miracles go...
Thanksgiving weekend we spent with Clint's family in Mayfield. It was such a great weekend. We came home Saturday afternoon so Makayla could go to church the week before her Baptism. We had the car loaded up and Clint was buckling the older two kids in the car and helping them get comfortable. I was the last to head out to the car with Madison. She was 8 months old and happy to be going outside. We stepped outside the door, closed it and I looked at her and asked if she was excited to go home. She smiled at me and we headed down the stairs.
That was when the unthinkable happened.
I fell down the stairs holding my baby.
It happened so fast but felt like slow motion. I realized I was going to land on her, the next second she was flying out of my arms. Then I realized she was going to land on one of the rock stepping stones so I reached my arm out to try to soften her landing. I don't think I was successful. I looked up to find my baby laying on her back on a flat rock and screaming. I grabbed her expecting to find blood, there was none. I checked for a goose egg, there was none. She had a small red mark on her back but that did not bruise. She was scared and cried while I examined her sitting cross legged on the sidewalk. I was holding her and crying right along with her when Clint ran over. He rechecked the baby then asked how I was. My right ankle was screaming at me and my left shin hit the edge of one of the stairs and was scraped and bruised and I could barely move my right shoulder.
My injuries were all sprains and Madison was ok.
MIRACLES.
Clint and his Dad came to the car and gave Madison and I blessings. I don't remember much of what was said but there were many tears shed. I was blessed with understanding. As we drove home I kept closing my eyes and replaying what happened. That was when I had an amazing realization, Madison slowed down. Right before she landed on that rock she slowed down.
MIRACLES
I remind her even now that she has guardian angles that are close and love her to pieces. She has had no ill effects from this fall. We stopped several times on the way home to make sure she would wake up and did not have a concussion, but she was fine. We are so blessed to have the gospel and Priesthood in our lives. I know that Heavenly Father knows us and loves us and will do whatever He can if we are faithful and ask.
I am so grateful for our special baby Madison and hope she always remembers she is not alone and always under the watchful eye of our Wonderful Heavenly Father.








No comments:
Post a Comment