Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Spiders

I don't know if many people know that I am really scared of snakes and spiders. I have been OK with spiders lately until we found a HUGE black widow in our garage. Now I am all creeped out again when I see a spider.

Now that I have set this up I have a fun story of what happened today. I was sitting on my bedroom floor folding some of Makayla's old bibs to put into storage, when Makayla walks in to see what I was doing when she points at my back and says "Spider Mommy" So then I kinda panic and ask her if there is a spider on my back and all she will do is nod. So then I ask her to get it off a couple of times and she stands there shaking her head with huge eyes. So I brush off my back the best that I can and go look in the mirror and I can't see a spider so I figure she was teasing me.

Makayla goes into her room to put one of her bibs on one of her toy babies and not 45 seconds after she left that little stupid brown spider climbs on my leg. I flipped it off as fast as I could and I hear Makayla from her room say - oooh spider and she came running in. I told her that I got the spider but I didn't really know where it went after I flipped it.

Then our cat Luna got in her pounce position, wiggled her bum and jumped. She is the spider and fly killer in our house, which I appreciate. So with a group effort at our house we were able to get the spider situation under control!! Now that it is over it is funny and I am laughing so hard about it.

I just thought you all might need a little laugh today ;o)

No comments: